excel column

Four Stars

excel column

Hello, 

i want to upload this file in a database.

But i don't know which component i should use to retrieve the columns.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: excel column

Hi,

You can use the tFileInputExcel component to read the data. But you will have to specify the header and trailer details according to the dataset since your source data is having multiple dataset in same sheet.

image.png

It is not an ideal way of sending data and you will have to advise the source to send in separate sheets or separate files. But the source system is adamant that they will send only in the above manner, then you will have to create the jobs by adding header and footer details. It will be a good idea to highlight this issue with Designer and Architect of the program as ideally they should not have allowed these types of flow for an enterprise customer.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hello,

Could you please let us know if this component tFileInputExcel helps?

https://help.talend.com/reader/iaS~dxV~p4HWFMi2ndo9VQ/0mcYKRVJBiQUB0G3Qr5F8A

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Employee

Hi,

You can use the tFileInputExcel component to read the data. But you will have to specify the header and trailer details according to the dataset since your source data is having multiple dataset in same sheet.

image.png

It is not an ideal way of sending data and you will have to advise the source to send in separate sheets or separate files. But the source system is adamant that they will send only in the above manner, then you will have to create the jobs by adding header and footer details. It will be a good idea to highlight this issue with Designer and Architect of the program as ideally they should not have allowed these types of flow for an enterprise customer.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

View solution in original post

Four Stars

hello.Thank you for your answer.
I'm trying to use FileInputExcel but how to specify the 2 header?
Employee

Hi,

You will have to read the same excel as two dataset using two tFileInputExcel components. Each component can have specific header number based on your sample file. If needed, you can merge both datasets later in the flow using tUnite component.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Five Stars

Speaking about Excel Column.... I  received an Additional column from a new file but when I try to bring it into my Project Job I created it does not sync up to it!? 

I select the file okay, and see the additional column okay; but when I try to map the added column it is not there in TMap.  Does something need to be sync'd or do I need to start over!?

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now