Five Stars

especial caracter

Hi guys,

I hope u re doing well.

I need your help, As mentionned in the screen shoot below, I want to load data into a bulk DB, but I have the especial caracter Ã‰ cannot be loaded and i got error.

So, any idea?

6 REPLIES
Employee

Re: especial caracter

Hi,

Could you please share the following items for further analysis?

a) What is the Target DB you are using to load data?

b) Could you please verify the encoding is added as UTF-8 in the advanced settings of your Talend component?

c)  Could you please try to insert using TDBOutput component and check whether its working? 

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Five Stars

the target DB is slqserver BULK, and the added encoding in the advanced settings of myTalend source component is UTF-8 ,

it still doesn t want work.

Employee

Hi,

Could you please check whether you are able to load data using a tDBOutputComponent? Or try to run an insert statement with this special character. We need to verify whether DB is stopping the data loading due to some language constraints.

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Nine Stars

Basically your telling the database you have a string and is correctly displayed in UTF-8... which means it expects UTF-8.

Lets say your input is in Latin-1 france language setting, if you want to store it in UTF 8 you need to 'convert' an (re)map bytes to it.

Luckily this is done by some string functions... and there's a component tEncoding (I thought)

So if you want to do it right, change your DBOutput to the same encoding type as your input, otherwise conversion is needed.

Five Stars

with tDBOutputComponent, it work correctly, I got problem just with Bulk
component
Nine Stars

... please read this splendid article on encoding ...
http://kunststube.net/encoding/

You will be enlightened.