Six Stars

error with tFileInputExcel : Can only iterate over an array or an instance of java.lang.Iterable

I am developing one Job in which I am facing some issue in below segment for component tFileInputExcel

tfilelist --> iterate -- > tFileInputDelimited --> tmap --> tmssqloutput --> tFileInputExcel (another file) --> Tmap --> tmssqloutput

I am getting error for tFileInputExcel (another XLSX file)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:
Can only iterate over an array or an instance of java.lang.Iterable

but i hv observed when i uncheck
Read excel2007 fileformat (xlsx) and use xls file it works fine

• Data Integration
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: error with tFileInputExcel : Can only iterate over an array or an instance of java.lang.Iterable

nothing specific to particular .xlsx file, it was giving error for all xlsx files.

So, finally solution that worked for me is,

I exported that job to another machine, which exactly has same version Version: 5.6.2
and it worked absolutely fine without any issues.

I wasted my 2 days though.

Thanks All for helping.

9 REPLIES
Eight Stars

Re: error with tFileInputExcel : Can only iterate over an array or an instance of java.lang.Iterable

What type of connection do you have between tMSSqlOutput and tFileInputExcel?
Seven Stars

What connection between - tmssqloutput --> tFileInputExcel (another file)?

tfilelist --> iterate -- > tFileInputDelimited --> tmap --> tmssqloutput --> OnComponentOk (??) --> tFileInputExcel (another file) --> Tmap --> tmssqloutput

better if You attach picture of You Job (with settings)

-----------
Six Stars

Six Stars

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Six Stars

I was thinking, here is some issue with job/ component configuration.

But I observed that even if I just try to create METADATA for any .xlsx file, its gives me same error 

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems:
Can only iterate over an array or an instance of java.lang.Iterable

screenshot attached4.jpg

I am using "Jaspersoft ETL" enterprise edition

Version: 5.6.2
Build id: V5.6.2_20150508_1414

Six Stars

I am getting same error even while creating metadata for .xlsx, please check latest sceenhost
Seven Stars

I do not have 5.6 for now, all migrated 

oldest available version - 6.1

the problem could be and in Jasper (Talend) and with Excel (office)

if You want - You can send .xlsx example I can test with 6.1 - 6.4

-----------
Six Stars

nothing specific to particular .xlsx file, it was giving error for all xlsx files.

So, finally solution that worked for me is,

I exported that job to another machine, which exactly has same version Version: 5.6.2
and it worked absolutely fine without any issues.

I wasted my 2 days though.

Thanks All for helping.

Eight Stars

Thanks for posting your solution!