One Star

error using tWebService

Hi,
I am using Talend Open Studio for Data Integration 6.3.0. An existing job (which worked on another computer which happened to be a Mac) uses the web service component (twebservice) to get data from the "iATS" web service. The twebservice component fail with "Exception in component tWebService_1 java.lang.NullPointerException". From forum posts, it seems this is related to the JDK version.

I am running Windows 10 64bit. I have tried various JDK and JRE versions to no avail, but currently have the latest 32 bit JRE and JDK version 8 (build 1.8.0_111) installed.

Here is the complete error from Talend:
Starting job Ia_ChildJob_Pull_iATS at 16:24 09/12/2016.
connecting to socket on port 3693
connected
Exception in component tWebService_1
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.cxf.common.util.Compiler.useJava6Compiler(Compiler.java:187)
at org.apache.cxf.common.util.Compiler.compileFiles(Compiler.java:141)
at org.apache.cxf.common.util.Compiler.compileFiles(Compiler.java:136)
at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.dynamic.DynamicClientFactory.compileJavaSrc(DynamicClientFactory.java:611)
at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.dynamic.DynamicClientFactory.createClient(DynamicClientFactory.java:370)
at org.talend.webservice.helper.ServiceInvokerHelper.createClient(ServiceInvokerHelper.java:144)
at org.talend.webservice.helper.ServiceInvokerHelper.getClient(ServiceInvokerHelper.java:135)
at org.talend.webservice.helper.ServiceInvokerHelper.invoke(ServiceInvokerHelper.java:236)
at local_project.ia_childjob_pull_iats_0_1.Ia_ChildJob_Pull_iATS.tFileInputDelimited_1Process(Ia_ChildJob_Pull_iATS.java:2479)
at local_project.ia_childjob_pull_iats_0_1.Ia_ChildJob_Pull_iATS.tFixedFlowInput_1Process(Ia_ChildJob_Pull_iATS.java:1079)
disconnected
at local_project.ia_childjob_pull_iats_0_1.Ia_ChildJob_Pull_iATS.runJobInTOS(Ia_ChildJob_Pull_iATS.java:3072)
at local_project.ia_childjob_pull_iats_0_1.Ia_ChildJob_Pull_iATS.main(Ia_ChildJob_Pull_iATS.java:2886)
Job Ia_ChildJob_Pull_iATS ended at 16:24 09/12/2016.
Thanks!
4 REPLIES

Re: error using tWebService

Hi,
Are you using 32 bit JDK? What's mac version you are using?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I am using Windows 10 64 bit.
I have installed both the 32 and 64 bit JDK and have tried both, with the same error above. I also have tried both the 32 and 64 bit versions of Talend Open Studio and it does not seem to make a difference. Which is the recommended version (32 or 64) version of JDK and Talend to use? Most of the time I am using Talend 32 bit (since that is the icon created by the installer) which would use the 32 bit JDK?
Mac OSX El Cap 10.11.4 was used on the previous computer.
Thank you

Hi,
The JDK version should be consistent with your machine.(64 bit JDk, 64 bit OS)
Here is online documents about:TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Java environments
TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Operating Systems
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi xdshi,
Thanks for your reply. 
I am running Talend 6.3.0 64 bit with Java 8 64 bit JDK. I always get the same error (java.lang.NullPointerException in the tWebService_1 component ).