One Star

engine to generate Metadata

Hi,
Is their any engine which supports Talend (as BIML does SSIS)?
So that the functionality of Talend can be extended?
3 REPLIES

Re: engine to generate Metadata

Hi,
What kind of Talend Metadata extending do you want to do?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I don't want to define the metadata for the file the job is reading. I want to design a job which reads the file in specified folder (generate it's metadata itself or accept it from outside). 
Then further i don't want to define the mapping Rule as hard coding. I want it to be configurable. I may need to change the mapping or add new columns. 

Hi, 
I don't want to define the metadata for the file the job is reading. I want to design a job which reads the file in specified folder (generate it's metadata itself or accept it from outside). 
Then further i don't want to define the mapping Rule as hard coding. I want it to be configurable. I may need to change the mapping or add new columns.

It's not possible currently.
We are investigating on your issue in this topic http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=27719, then come back to you asap. 
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.