engine to generate Metadata

One Star

engine to generate Metadata

Hi,
Is their any engine which supports Talend (as BIML does SSIS)?
So that the functionality of Talend can be extended?

Re: engine to generate Metadata

Hi,
What kind of Talend Metadata extending do you want to do?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I don't want to define the metadata for the file the job is reading. I want to design a job which reads the file in specified folder (generate it's metadata itself or accept it from outside). 
Then further i don't want to define the mapping Rule as hard coding. I want it to be configurable. I may need to change the mapping or add new columns. 

Hi, 
I don't want to define the metadata for the file the job is reading. I want to design a job which reads the file in specified folder (generate it's metadata itself or accept it from outside). 
Then further i don't want to define the mapping Rule as hard coding. I want it to be configurable. I may need to change the mapping or add new columns.

It's not possible currently.
We are investigating on your issue in this topic http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=27719, then come back to you asap. 
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.