Five Stars

enable jog4j

Hello,

I want to create a custom component. Inside the component I want to use a logger. I see from other components that they use 

<%if(isLog4jEnabled) {%>

log.info(....)

How can I enabled log4j inside the studio and inside karaf? 

Greets

Benjamin

• ESB
7 REPLIES

Re: enable jog4j

Hello, In order to enable log4j for a custom component, proceed as follows: Open the *_java.xml file corresponding to the custom component for which you want to enable log4j. In the HEADER element of this file, add the following line: LOG4J_ENABLED="true" The HEADER element of your *_java.xml file should look like this:
Note that it is advised to append the log4j attribute to the last attribute of the HEADER element. Let us know if it is OK with us. Best regards Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Hello,

no not working. I have set LOG4J_ENABLED="true" in the header. In the javajet file I add log.info("..."). But if I make a job with the component, the compiler not found log.

Hello, Can you get "log4j" check box on your custom component? What's your build version you are using? Are you using talend subscription solution? Note: The log4j feature is only available in Talend subscription product starting from version 5.6. Best regards Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Hello,

no I dont see log4j checkbox in my component. I am working with Talend Open Studio for ESB 6.2.1. I dont know what is a talend subscription solution.

Greets

Benjamin

Hi,

Please take a look at talend ESB product matrix page:http://www.talend.com/products/application-integration

The log4j feature is only available in Talend subscription product not open source.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Five Stars

Ok have I any possibility to log in open source? Or if I use subscription product for development the component and other people use it in open source, have they the logging function?

Hi,

benjamin wrote:
Ok have I any possibility to log in open source? Or if I use subscription product for development the component and other people use it in open source, have they the logging function?

Unfortunately, other people cannot use log4j feature in open source.

Best regards

Sabrina

--