Six Stars

email from query

Good day.

I am not even sure this is possible so I figured I would turn to the experts. I want to have Talend run a database query that includes a where clause and only returns a list of first names and email addresses.From that list, I would like to send an email to each person individually and perhaps address them by there name in the body of the email, something like:

" Hi John,

Please find attrached the picture of such and such.

Sincerly,

me"

Is this possible and if so, can one of you gurus provide me some support in setting this up?

Thanks for looking!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: email from query

Hi, 

You could try the following. 

• Create an input component relevant to your source db and filter out name and email only (in my example i used a fixedflowinput to make it easier)
  • Add a tFlowToIterate component, this will write your name/email into the global variables for each result you get
  • Add a tSendMail component after the FlowToIterate
  • User the Global Variables to fill in your email, name.

Screenshot 

Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 16.59.00.png

3 REPLIES
Six Stars

Hi, 

You could try the following. 

• Create an input component relevant to your source db and filter out name and email only (in my example i used a fixedflowinput to make it easier)
  • Add a tFlowToIterate component, this will write your name/email into the global variables for each result you get
  • Add a tSendMail component after the FlowToIterate
  • User the Global Variables to fill in your email, name.

Screenshot 

Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 16.59.00.png

Ten Stars

Include \n in the Message body to create a multiline email.
Six Stars

Excellent! I love this board. You guys are some of the most helpful people in the industry.