dynamic schema question

One Star

dynamic schema question

I am having a problem with a dynamic schema.   I am using a tFileInputDelimited to read in a pipe delimited file as a dynamic input row of width 255.  However, this file includes a column with header “License #” (without the quotes).  Normally, Talend changes this header to “License__”.   I then follow the tFileInputDelimited with an tExtractDynamicFields with a schema of the expected header names including “License__” .   I then use a tLogRow to list out the output of the tExtractDynamicFields and get data for every column except “License__”.  I have tried adjusting the number of underscores and even added a number with no success.  Has anyone run into this problem and knows what tExtractDynamicFields is looking for when the input header is “License #”.   Thanks.

Re: dynamic schema question

Hi,
Could you please indicate what's the build version you are using?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Currently we are using version 5.5.1, but will be going to version 5.6.2 soon.

Hi,
Does this issue also repro on V 5.6.2? We will make a testing on V 5.5.1 to see if this issue repro on our side.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 2

Part 2 of a series on Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Migrate Data from one Database to another with one Job using the Dynamic Schema

Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema