db to db migration

One Star

db to db migration

Can anybody help me how to migrate one mysql db to another mysql db present on another host machine? I am really blank about which components to use to achieve this data migration. Any kind of help will be really appreciated. Thanks
Community Manager

Re: db to db migration

Hi
Do you want to migrate the whole db or only some of tables? Please learn the usage of tMysqlInput and tMysqlOutput components on user documentation.

Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

I want to migrate the whole db. Can you help me how to achieve that using tMySqlInput and tMySqlOutput?
One Star cri
One Star

Hi,
just a few more hints ...
- tMySQLConnection
|
- tMySQLTableList --- tMySQLInput --- tMySQLOutput

Hope this helps

Best regards
Christian
One Star

I am using mysql 4.1 and I am getting this exception and unable to load the table information :-(
Exception in component tMysqlTableList_1
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table 'information_schema.tables' doesn't exist
Can anybody help?
One Star cri
One Star

Hi,
I just found this information :
Starting from MySQL 5, when you execute show databases command, information_schema will be listed in the database list. information_schema is a virtual MySQL database that stores metadata information of all the MySQL databases.

So, with MySQL 4.1 the tables are not accessible via information_schmea.tables ... I think there is an option in the MySQL Connection element, where you can define what version of MySQL you are using. I dont't have a 4.x version at hand right now. Sorry!
Maybe this information is still helpful

Good Luck!
Christian

: http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2008/11/overview-of-mysql-information_schema-database-with-practical-exa...
One Star cri
One Star

I think there is an option in the MySQL Connection element, where you can define what version of MySQL you are using. I dont't have a 4.x version at hand right now. Sorry!

I just checked the tMySQLConnection component. You can choose between two values for DB Version: Mysql 5 and Mysql 4
Have you checked, that you realy set this option to Mysql 4?
Regards,
Christian
One Star

I have just checked with it and still getting the same exception Smiley Sad
One Star

I would also like to chime in that I am attempting to do something similar with the tMySQLTableList component, and am receiving the same error message. Is this component only compatible with MySQL 5? There is nothing in the documentation that I can see that states that. If there is no quick solution then this needs to be entered into the Bugtracker system since this is blocking our progress.
Thanks,
Ryan
One Star

What Collation are you all using?
I'm trying to get tMSSQLTableList working on SQL Server 2008 with Latin1_General_BIN and in MSSQL the View is INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES where the error comes back as information_schema.tables (invalid object name)
Can anyone help?
One Star

I want to migrate the whole db. Can you help me how to achieve that using tMySqlInput and tMySqlOutput?

If you database source and database destination have the same structure. You don't really need talend. Just an import/Export with any MySQL client (phpMyadmin, MySQLQueryBrowser, etc.)
If you table structure are differents or you you want to transform some data. Talend can do that perfectly.
1) Open new projet
2) Add job
3) Add data base connection source
4) Add data base connection destination
5) Add tMysqlInput (drag and drop table from source table list as input)
6) Add tMysqlOutput (drag and drop table from destination table list as output)
7) Add tMap component
8) Connect all your compenent
9) Verify compenent parameters
10) Execute you job and have fun Smiley Wink
This video may help you to start.