date parse error and tSchemaComplianceCheck

One Star

date parse error and tSchemaComplianceCheck

Hello!
As I've started the real work, more and more issues are coming up, sorry for bothering all the time Smiley Wink
Well I have another issue when I enter a "error causing" - line into my test- input file: there is a Date in it which, for example is filled with "ffffff" instead of "24112008" for example.
I'm also using a tSchemaComplianceCheck - component which should help to write out a message into a special (delimited) file when the fields in a row don't have the correct format.
But now, the date parsing error is thrown earlier, in the tFileInputPositional - component and so there is a "parse error" - message written to system out/system error but as this wrong sentence never reaches the tSchemaComplianceCheck, the error is never written ino the delimited file.
Is there any other possibility to make this work?
Thank you in advance,
Stefan

One Star

Re:date parse error and tSchemaComplianceCheck

Hi,
Try defining your columns in tFileInputPositional as strings and then check what you want in tSchemaComplianceCheck with the option "use another schema for compliance check" checked.
Regards,
Youssef

One Star

Hello!
The tComplianceCheck doesn't work here. I tried to use it with my date pattern, but the date will not be rejected eventhough the data doesn't match the pattern: there is a "unparseable date:" - message printed to the screen but the line is not written thorugh the "reject" connection.
Any ideas?
I have a poor data quality of the input files so I really need to write out the lines which are "bad".
Thank you.
Stefan

One Star

How to catch the below error and display an error msg.
Message from server 'XYZ' (Msg 4002, Severity 14, State 1):
Login failed.
DB-Library error (Error 20014, Severity 2):
Login incorrect.

One Star

Hi,
I am having the same issue as CrazyBird - The tSchemaComplianceCheck is not validating the date format even though one is defined.
Any ideas?
If this is a known error has it been fixed in the latest version?

Community Manager

Re: date parse error and tSchemaComplianceCheck

Hello

If this is a known error has it been fixed in the latest version?

It have been fixed in the latest version.Smiley Wink
Best regards

shong

----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Thanks Shong.

One Star

I am still facing this issue even after using TALEND V4.0.1.

One Star

Hi,
i would like to know if this problem is fixed in the last version TIS v4.1.
Thanks.
Best regards

One Star

Hi i am trying the change the Date format for my output file.
My input .xls file has date in format dd/MM/YY but i want the output .csv file to have to have date as dd/MM/YYYY.

Seven Stars

Just change the date pattern of the output component.

One Star

Does the tschemacompliancecheck only work with strings?  I am having the same problem as CrazyBird in TOS V. 5.6.1
I have dates coming in via tfileinputdelimted and entering the tschemacompliancecheck which has the custom defined option selected.  The "type" for the date column is set to date and the "date pattern" is "yyyy-MM-dd".  However the bad dates are not getting rejected and I am getting NumberFormatException errors from the job.