Five Stars

data mapper HL7 - segment line terminator

Using Talend Data Mapper and an HL7 structure output, the mapper automatically puts a CR at the end of the segments.  Is there any possibility to reconfigure this to use CRLF?  In the provided (read only) HL7 structures, the Terminator field is blank.  I am thinking there is must be some sort of configuration of this somewhere.

image.png

• Data Integration
5 REPLIES

Re: data mapper HL7 - segment line terminator

Hi,

Which is talend build version you are using? What does your input data look like?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Input data is anything from XML, Flat file, or Dataflow. HL7 standard output structures always just have a CR for a terminator, which is actually the HL7 standard and turns out it is not really an issue. But I was just wondering where this would be configured at. Because there might be times we want to change how the output is handled (like to omit translating reserved words into escaped characters).
Five Stars

The version is 6.3.1, Build 20161216_1026
Six Stars

Hi,

1-Could you send a screenshot of your structure properties for HL7 format ?

2-Anyway here is a workaround. You can add a tReplace component after your tHmap:

Capture.PNG

Eric

Five Stars

Hi eric, thank you for the work-around.

The HL7 structures came with an Additional Talend Package install from Talend.  I am not sure what the exact name of it is, but it is pretty obvious when you see the available list.  Once you install this, you should see the structures under the Other Projects folder.