One Star

customize the tFileOutputDelimited filename

hello there,
im using tFileOutputDelimited for extracting data from advantage database, and i turn the "split output in several files and fill the "Rows in each output file" with 50 rows per file. and it succeed generating several file which is contains 50 records per file.
i fill the File name attribute at the Basic Settings with "TestFile.txt" and talend add extra number on each file so my file become "TestFile0.txt", "TestFile1.txt" and so on. (im not using outputstream)
the problem is, i want to format the file name into "File-XX-YYYYMMDD.txt", which XX is the extra number so my file would be "File-01-20130101.txt", "File-02-20130101.txt", "File-03-20130101.txt" and so on.
so is it posible to do it? cause i have searching through google and found nothing Smiley Sad
thanks
Regards
4 REPLIES
One Star

Re: customize the tFileOutputDelimited filename

Hi setiawand,
I have had this kind of requirement. Go through the screenshots..
This would be helpful I guess.
One Star

thanks for the solution but i see that the split index reside at the end of the filename, can it be placed after the "File" so it could be like this "File_01_20130101.txt", "File_02_20130101.txt", etc
thanks Smiley Happy
One Star

thanks for the solution but i see that the split index reside at the end of the filename, can it be placed after the "File" so it could be like this "File_01_20130101.txt", "File_02_20130101.txt", etc
thanks Smiley Happy

Hi, Split index was not given in job. By default TOS appends this index to each file when it finds same name of the files. It appends at the end of the file. We can append this in the middle of file name with the help of global parameters I guess.
One Star