creation of job template?

One Star

creation of job template?

Hi,
When one clicks on "Job Designs", there is an option "Create jobs from templates". I'm interested in creating a template that would be the starting point for all our in-house jobs (setting up context variables, logging to a database etc). Obviously I can create a template job that everyone can just copy as the starting point for their jobs, but is it possible to create a template that would be visible to "Create jobs from templates"? The template wouldn't require any interaction and would enable the developer to start with a few components already filled in rather than a blank page. I haven't been able to find anything relevant in the documentation or the forums.
TIS 3.2.2r33000
thanks again
Community Manager

Re: creation of job template?

Hi
It is impossible now. "Create jobs from templates" is used to create many jobs/subjobs follows the wizards at one time. As you said, you have to create a template, and then others create a new job and copy all the components from the template job. Of course, it is an interesting feature, can you report it on our bugtracker?
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Thanks for the response. I've created a bug report
bug ID 14034
best regards
One Star

any solutions for bug ID 14034??
please i need help
regards
Community Manager

Hi
There is already a similar feature for bug ID14034, you can duplicate a job.
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Can We create our own template for designing job ?
In template file, Input Table Name , Output Table Name and tmap Function will be mentioned/
Regards,
Sangram