One Star

create trigger via MetaServlet API

Is there any (hidden) option to trigger tasks via the MetaServlet API?
7 REPLIES

Re: create trigger via MetaServlet API

Hi,
I have got some information from our TAC developer.
request resume triggers
MetaServletCaller.bat -url http://localhost:8080/org.talend.administrator/ -json-params={"actionName":"requestResumeTriggers","authPass":"admin","authUser":"admin@company.com","taskId":"5"}
run task
MetaServletCaller.bat -url http://localhost:8080/org.talend.administrator/ -json-params={"actionName":"runTask","authPass":"admin","authUser":"admin@company.com","mode":"synchronous","taskId":65}

We can implement the tac trigger but not the job by MetaServlet API.
Hope it will help you.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thanks a lot for your fast reply. I'm aware of the calls that you mentioned. However, I was really looking for something like "createTrigger" so that I can set up a cron job (trigger) for a task. It would be really cool, if you could implement this feature Smiley Wink
What do you mean with "We can implement the tac trigger but not the job by MetaServlet API."? Does this mean that you can implement the "simple trigger" but not the "CRON trigger" via the MetaServlet API? I think that we'll the "CRON trigger".

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your fast reply. I'm aware of the calls that you mentioned. However, I was really looking for something like "createTrigger" so that I can set up a cron job (trigger) for a task. It would be really cool, if you could implement this feature

At present, the function of "CreateTrigger" by the MetaServlet API is not available in Talend. What we can do is just running the Ready-made trigger by MetaServlet API. You can report a ticket on TalendBugstracker, our developer will track it.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

okay, here is the related JIRA ticket: https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-24449

Hi,
It is good, and thanks for your feedback.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

This functionality is available in the command line interface, at least for v5.1.2 and above

Hi, tomasso
This functionality is available in the command line interface

Would you mind giving us more info about that? All of us are very interested in that. Thank you so much!
Best regards
Sabrina
--