create output file with rolling file name

One Star

create output file with rolling file name

Hi ,
I need to create a job which will create a new output file(rolling file name) for every time I run the job. some thing like
out_001.xml
out_002.xml
out_003.xml
do you have any idea to achieve this using Talend?
Thanks in advance.

Re: create output file with rolling file name

keep a count on a DB/file for this job
so everytime, job starts you read this value and set it in a variable (used in the output file)
good?
Seven Stars

Or you can use tFileList --> IterateToFlow --> tMap (to parse file numbers) --> tAggregateRow (to find the max) --> tSetGlobalVar and then use the global variable in your file name.
One Star

Or you can use tFileList --> IterateToFlow --> tMap (to parse file numbers) --> tAggregateRow (to find the max) --> tSetGlobalVar and then use the global variable in your file name.

can you discuss the process in more details , like select bla bla from bla bla then connect to bla bla ..
thx
Seven Stars

See screenprint
One Star

thanks alevy.. I tried another way..
One Star

thx alevy
@ashu : will you please discuss your way here too ..
One Star

I have one approach where I appended date and time in outputfile like dd-mm-yyyy_hh_MM_ss
One Star

it was so simple.. I just created a table with one row.. two columns.. FileName and Sequence... i will be querying that table to get the filename and sequence number.. after that increment the sequence number..
here I'm attaching my job but its different from what I explained.. in tjavarow I'm doin some condition checks...