create output file w/ dynamic filename

One Star

create output file w/ dynamic filename

How do we create a filename "%JOBNAME%_%TIMESTAMP%.csv" dynamically and use it to store data from a table in a directory. The path can be passed into a job as a variable.
One Star

Re: create output file w/ dynamic filename

Use the following code in java:
jobName + "_" + TalendDate.formatDate("yyyyMMddHHmmssSSS", TalendDate.getCurrentDate()) + ".csv"
Employee

in a Perl project:
$_globals{job_name} . '_' . getDate('CCYYMMDDhhmmss') . '.csv'

in a Java project:
jobName + "_" + TalendDate.formatDate("yyyyMMddHHmmss", new Date()) + ".csv"
Employee

Please note that you can find global variables and usable function using auto-completion CTRL+space in any text field.
One Star

What about if i want to create a filename for each row, with the content of the columns?
For example i have this input info 
(row1) calculoMasivosResumen;2016-02-10;14:01:01
(row2) calculoTemporalGes;2016-02-10;14:07:41
(row3) controlComisionesTardia;2016-02-10;14:05:04
I want a file name called calculoMasivosResumen_2016-02-10_14:01:01.txt, another file called   calculoTemporalGes_2016-02-10_14:07:41.txt and other called controlComisionesTardia_2016-02-10_14:05:04.txt
I'm clear?
Thank you in advance for your help.
One Star

I've got the same question, I want to create over 30 files one per specific ID, however I would like to do it without creation of 30 tMaps outputs..
example: outputFilename: context.talendPath+"Projects/DWH/test_"+row7.id+".csv"
however this solution or using globalMap, creates only file for first id and then it's fixed.
One Star

Hello Diego, 
I just want to let you know that thanks to stackoverflow Ive found solution:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25684433/how-to-create-multiple-output-files-in-talend-based-on-a...
After reading this I got a main design in my head.
it is not the fastest solution but it works like a charm. let me know if you have any further questions.
One Star

Thx for sharing!
One Star

Hi dirk, let me know if you will need help. Ive everything tested and working on prod site.
Sixteen Stars

I demonstrate an easy way of doing this in this tutorial (https://www.rilhia.com/tutorials/load-data-dynamic-number-files)