copy to SVN branch

Six Stars

copy to SVN branch

Hi,
I am using Talend 5.1.2 Enterprise Edition. I created a branch from the TAC interface. And I created a new job in the Studio and tried moving that from trunk to the newly created branch. I got all the old jobs moved into the trunk but not the new job that I created. Am I missing doing something or if any one knows any work around it would be great if shared with me.
Thanks in Advance,
Pravin Kumar Bandi

Re: copy to SVN branch

Hi,
I created a branch from the TAC interface. And I created a new job in the Studio and tried moving that from trunk to the newly created branch. I got all the old jobs moved into the trunk but not the new job that I created.

What you said confuse me, you create a new branch in TAC ? And want to move your job from trunk to the newly created branch? So I have two questions
1. Where is your job stored? In old branch? trunk?
2. How do you move the jobs? using what? TAC or Client SVN
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hi Sabrina,
Thanks for replying I have my job in the trunk which I am trying to move it from Talend Client Studio by right clicking on the job and selecting copy job to option and directing it to the newly created branch. Once if I switch to the branch I could not find the job there which i just moved.
Community Manager

Hi
It should be a bug if you did't find the newest jobs in branch. You are using Talend 5.1.2 Enterprise Edition, please report a ticket on our support portal, our colleagues from support team will assist you further.
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business

Hi,
Thanks for replying I have my job in the trunk which I am trying to move it from Talend Client Studio by right clicking on the job and selecting copy job to option and directing it to the newly created branch.

How about choose the option "Copy to branch" instead of "Copy job". BTW, we have another way to achieve your goal using Client SVN.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hi Sabrina,
My mistake, I was using the same option but could not find the job reflecting in the branch.
Shong,
I still can use the same option and get the job reflecting in the branch of another copy of Talend (same version) running on another machine that is all a separate copy though.
Community Manager

Hi
So, it might be not a bug if another copy works. Check if the new job is open and locked.
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business