One Star

convert csv file rows to java map

I'm working on a medium to large size csv file. i want to transfer each row in the csv file to a java map. i have done some initiative, please see the attached job.
The problem is i'm unable to convert tMap's output table to direct java map. currently, i'm manually assigning each column to a java map (inside tJavaRow_1).
Is there any workaround for this?
appreciate your response.
3 REPLIES
One Star

Re: convert csv file rows to java map

I'm not entirely sure I understand correctly, but maybe tJavaFlex is a possible solution for you?
If not, please be more specific about your input schema and the details about your output object.
One Star

Hi rretzbach,
Thanks for your input. however, your solution doesn't fit for me. I'll detail my issue.
i have files in a folder. i have to convert each row in files to a java map for my processing. as you can see in previous diagram, i'm transferring row/column combination through tMap and then passing to tJavaRow. then the java code will convert to a map.
please see the attachments for more clarity.

as you can see i have to hardcode, "column name" to java map. this seems bit ugly for me. what i want is a simple solution as;

java.util.Map<String, String> newMap = (java.util.HashMap)tMap;

is it possible? or can you suggest me a better way to achieve this.
One Star

Hi,
I have managed to find a solution through browsing the forum. thanks you very much.
see my attached screen shots.