Five Stars

component to be used to load the data into hive table.

hi all,

can anyone  say the exact component to be used to load the data into hive table, if am using remote hdfs server. 

I tried it using the thive load component but its giving the following error.talend error.PNG

thanks and regards
Srikanth
  • Big Data
8 REPLIES

Re: component to be used to load the data into hive table.

Hi,

Could you please share a bit more information ? What's the configuration of your component? On which talend build version you got this issue? Can you execute the same command successfully from hive client?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

hi,

yeah tried the same load using the hive client and it is giving the same errorerror_hive.PNG

thanks and regards
Srikanth
Tags (2)
Five Stars

the version am using is 

TOS_BD-20161216_1026-V6.3.1

thanks and regards
Srikanth
Tags (1)

Hi,

Have you already given "hive" user permission on the root folder you load the file from?

Are you trying to load one file from your local machine to hive table? Make sure the file has to be either in HDFS or the file system of your Hadoop cluster (i.e named node).

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

yeah the prob was the file was not in hdfs , we put that in hdfs and tried, the job got run but the data not loaded into the target file.

am attaching the contents loaded int the target table. putty_op.PNG

thanks and regards
Srikanth
Tags (1)

Hi Srikanth,

Is there any error message printed on console when you execute your job in talend studio? Any security setting? Are you able to load data into hive?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Five Stars

hi sabrina,

i dint get any error

and are u asking me to load into hive table from command line??

i dint try it, will check it .

talend_error3.PNG

thanks and regards
Srikanth
Tags (1)
Five Stars

hi sabrina,

the other thing is whwn the data is kept in edge node and tried  giving that path,checking the local box, its giving error,

am attaching talend error5.PNGtalend_6.PNGthe images

thanks and regards
Srikanth
Tags (1)