One Star

component for extracting excel or text attachments from email

hello there,
newbie here! I would like to know how to extract attachments from an email.
I managed to establish a connection with the tPop component and fetch the emails to a folder on my computer. Does this downloaded email contain the attachment too? Or does it have only the email sender, receiver info and the body of the email?
I would like to know how to extract email attachments specifically text and excel (.csv) files. please help.
Thanks,
Hema
10 REPLIES

Re: component for extracting excel or text attachments from email

Hi,
You can use tPOP component to fetch mail and tFileInputMail to export attachments.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi 
    Can you explain step by step procedure to extract email attachment using tpop and tFileInputMail components. I couldn't find any information in the respective tpop or tFileInputMail pages
Thanks,
Sarotham

Hi Sarotham,
We have replied to your another topic:https://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=48484
Could you please take a look at it?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi 
   I will be getting monthly email attachment files from same standard email id  with the same subject line .  Is there any option available to filter only unread files in TPOP

Hi,
So far, tPOP component just specify mail folder, such as "INBOX", "SEND" but not the messages that have not already been marked as "Read".
Are your "Unread" messages saved in a separate folder?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Thank you. 
  I can able to process email attachment. I have some other problem with tpop.
   In My case, I get weekly files from specific email id and subject line. But I should only read latest files. Is there option available in tpop to mark file as read. So I can read only unread files. I didn't find any such option in tpop advance setting.
Is there any other to integrate tpop advance setting to do read and unread functionality ?
Any other option available to send all read files to other Folder in email , like INBOX to ARCHIE (custom folder created to drop all old files)?
One Star

I can read monthly files to update DW. I should read only latest month file. But, with the same subject line and  From email ID as filter condition, It can read other old files too.
Is there any way I can read only latest  files using tpop any other talend component without accessing previous month files? 
One Star

How to extract 10 email id's attachement using tpop at the same time
I specified "X@gmail.com;Y@gmail.com" which doesn't work. Is there any other way  to extract .mail file from INBOX with 10 different email ID and same subject line ?

Hi,
Do you want to retrieve emails from serveral user's Inboxs? 
So far, the tPOP component is just used to connect to a specific email server.
Feel free to create a workitem/ new feature jira issue on Talend Bug Tracker.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi 
how to create a workflow  to process N number of email attachment with email ids and subject line as a reference and mark it as read after successful processing of email attachment 
I used tpop and tfileinputmail components for extracting attachments 
how to mark email as read as unread ?