check the type of values ​​in a column

Six Stars

check the type of values ​​in a column

Hello,

I have a csv file that contains a column of type integer but also contains string values, I try to convert this column to a string but the values ​​that are string originally are not inserted into my mysql table, I I think to check the type of the column if it is integer I convert it to string if not if it is string I insert it directly, can you help me if there is a function or a component for this treatment.

Thanks

Highlighted
One Star

Re: check the type of values ​​in a column

Type of your column in input and output( your table) schema should be string. You don't need to convert input column from integer to string.

Employee

Re: check the type of values ​​in a column

Hi,

When you are reading file using tfileinputExcel or tfileinputdelimited, read the problematic column as String and the issue will be resolved.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi
Please appreciate our members by giving Kudos for spending their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

Cloud Free Trial

Try Talend Cloud free for 30 days.

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.