cannot pass context param via command line on Linux

One Star

cannot pass context param via command line on Linux

Hello,
I am trying to pass context param to a Talend job (written in 4.0.3) via command-line on Linux and it is not working for me.
I am trying to pass a context.properties file as a context param, but it is picking up the Default.properties instead.
Here is how the shell script looks like:

#!/bin/sh
cd `dirname $0`
ROOT_PATH=`pwd`
/bb/util/common/java64-1.6/bin/java -Xms256M -Xmx1024M -cp classpath.jar: temp.temp_0_1.temp --context=Default --context_param context_path=context.properties
I have tried a lot of things that people have suggested on this forum but nothing seems to have worked.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Re: cannot pass context param via command line on Linux

the paramater:
--context=Default
will select the .properties file with the name "Default.properties"
if you want to select a .properties file with the name "AnythingAtAll.properties" you would change this paramater to:
--context=AnythingAtAll
the --context_param paramater is used to set paticular context varilbes from the command line. In your example, if you have a context varible in the "Default" context group named "context_path" in your job it will take the value "context.properties"
Highlighted
One Star

I read this on some other thread (http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=42813) and the solution to my problem was creating an environment variable and accessing it using
java.lang.System.getenv("talend_context_path")
and this works on windows and linux
thanks to nicolasdiogo !
One Star

hi,
I created one talend job, wic have 4 context variable. now i exported the job. after exporting job i got shell script (.sh file).
i want to pass value of context variable as manually. i know how to pass value i.e. --context_param backup_path=/root/abc .
now i still have context variable 'source,dest,failure'... how to assign value to these remain three???
Regards,
Akshath Hegde

Hi Akshath,
Could you please stick to your topic Forum:33841.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Agile Data lakes & Analytics

Accelerate your data lake projects with an agile approach