cCXFRS override content-type and accept headers

One Star

cCXFRS override content-type and accept headers

Hi,
Is there any way of overriding content-type and accept header values ? I need to set those values so something custom (application/json;odata=verbose), and cannot find how to do that. If I use a cSetHeader in the route, it gets overriden by the values from the cCXFRS component.
Any ideas ? Thanks ...
PS : The same is true when I use the tRestClient in a job : in the tRestClient, I can set custom headers in the "Advanced settings", but when I try to set accept and content-type, the content-type is overriden by the component, and I get 2 values for the accept (application/json and application/json;odata=verbose)
One Star

Re: cCXFRS override content-type and accept headers

Hello
using Mediation Routes you should be able to set the CamelContentType header
g.
One Star

Hi gusto2,
Could you explain a bit more ?
I am using mediation routes. I have tried several ways to set those headers, but they always get overriden by the cCXFRS component...
Employee

Hi,
As far as tRestClient is concerned, I can not reproduce the duplication of Content-Type at Apache CXF level which is used internally by tRESTClient. Specifically, tRESTClient does webClient.type(contentType) and then it iterates over all the extra headers and calls webClient.header(name, value). I created a local test and was able to update Content-Type. 
Accept is accumulating the values, but it can contain multiple values.
Can you try setting Accept to ANY, but also to a specific value in the extra headers ? You will get a wildcard media type followed by a concrete type, which is reasonable, example, browsers always include a wildcard alongside more concrete types though browsers do allocate a low 'qs' to a wildcard
Try it please, Sergey
Highlighted
One Star

Hi Sergey,
Thanks for your answer. I had already tried that.
Unfortunately, I am using Sharepoint REST API, and it seems to be extra "careful" about the value of the accept header. It wants to get "application/json;odata=verbose", and nothing else (I could verify that using another rest client, I always get a 406 error). So your solution does not work in my specific use case. Although I am pretty sure it can work in other cases.
One Star

Hi,
is there any progress regarding this topic?
I'm also having a cCXFRS -> cCXRRS -> cProcessor route in mediation
When checking the headers in cProcessor after getting/forwarding the request to the target system, there is no Content-Type filled in. Even if it is filled in manually in cProcessor (exchange.getIn().setHeader("Content-Type","application/zip")Smiley Wink, the final response raw data does have this parameter overriden to "Content-Type: application/octet-stream" and all the other parameters are gone.
So far, I've managed to make a workaround in Integration perspective, with a job that looks like:
tRESTRequest -> tJavaRow -> tFileFetch -> tFileInputRaw -> tRESTResponse
and on the tRESTResponse component, in the Component -> Advanced settings, I've added multiple Response headers, which appear in the final response of the service.
One Star

Hi,
I am having a similar issue. I am sending custom headers from Salesforce. Google Chrome Rest Client will see them correctly but when doing the GET request with tRestClient component the custom headers won't appear on response header. I have tried adding them into HTTP headers section without any result.
Any glues how this should work?
Regards
Peter 

Cloud Free Trial

Try Talend Cloud free for 30 days.

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.