One Star

build a Standalone job - TOS for DI 6.0.1

Hello, 
When I want to build a Standalone  job the zip file is not generated, and no error is displayed.
Other build type (axis webservice) are generated.
TOS for DI 6.0.1
JDK : 1.8.0_60
Thanks for help.
JC
22 REPLIES
Six Stars

Re: build a Standalone job - TOS for DI 6.0.1

I am getting the same thing...  No .zip file for Standalone job.
The other build types all work for me.  Just not "Standalone Job".
Thanks,
--bill
One Star

I created a new project. Build Standalone job works fine.
But I cannot build a job with a project imported from talend 5.6.1
billimmer do you have an imported project too?
Six Stars

I created a new project in an existing workspace.  I then created a new job with a tjava.  The job runs ok, but build job does not create files.
--bill

Hi,
Could you please check this jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-33318? Does this solution work for you?
Feel free to let us know if it doesn't work.
Best regards
Sabrina

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina, 
The solution in the issue TDI-33318 doesn't work for me. :-/

Best regards, 
José
Six Stars

Facing same issue, I am able to export to WAR, but the Standalone simply looks like it finished, in the log there is no message, but the file is not exported.
Six Stars

drwxrwxr-x 1 zangetsu users      4096 Sep 10 10:19 TOS_DI-20150903_0704-V6.1.0SNAPSHOT
-rwxrwxr-x 1 zangetsu users 645256143 Sep 3 08:13 TOS_DI-20150903_0704-V6.1.0SNAPSHOT.zip
drwxrwxr-x 1 zangetsu users 4096 Sep 23 21:57 TOS_DI-20150909_0813-V6.1.0SNAPSHOT
-rwxrwxr-x 1 zangetsu users 651631498 Sep 9 09:20 TOS_DI-20150909_0813-V6.1.0SNAPSHOT.zip
drwxrwxr-x 1 zangetsu users 4096 Sep 23 23:31 TOS_DI-20150923_2033-V6.1.0SNAPSHOT
-rwxrwxr-x 1 zangetsu users 649007082 Sep 23 21:36 TOS_DI-20150923_2033-V6.1.0SNAPSHOT.zip
drwxrwxr-x 1 zangetsu users 4096 Sep 9 02:02 TOS_ESB-20150903_0704-V6.1.0SNAPSHOT
-rwxrwxr-x 1 zangetsu users 682097512 Sep 3 08:22 TOS_ESB-20150903_0704-V6.1.0SNAPSHOT.zip

All of these above I built from source code and I cannot export Standalone job, WAR I can export. No message in the log, no exception reported.
Six Stars

I confirm that I can build OSGI bundle for ESB, Axis ZIP, Axis WAR, but Standalone doesn't work at all, I also deleted ~/.m2 local folder.
last blick message in export wizard window I see something like ./Java/pom.xml and then process finishes without any ok/error message, but the file doesn't exist
Six Stars

Hi guys,

Our apologies for the inconvenience!
Have you already checked that the JDK setup "correctly" in the preferences and  the JDK folders have the correct structure?

Can you please check the error details from the System Problems view(Window/Show view/General/Problems) to see if there is any exception and error message?

Have you ever modified the maven templates from project setting  manually?
Could you please also go to Navigator view/.java/pom.xml to see if anything wrong in the pom.xml?
More information will be helpful for us to address your issue quickly.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

is there any solution found for this issue. I am facing same issue. I am sure many others who use tos6.0.1 woudl be facing similar. pom.xml and jdk path is all correct. there is no problems also reported. I wanted to upgrade my system from 5.6.1 to 6.01. but i have delayed it due to this issue.
Anyone has any workaround or how to fix this issue
One Star

Same here, but now I seem to have fixed it. It's not that I have a clear solution, but my experience today might help you out.
Upgraded today to 6.0.1. and tested the Standalone export for a couple of jobs. My main jobs (quite big, lots of sub-jobs) didn't export (no error messages). Then I started testing and found out that some of the subjobs did export, so it's not a general issue...
After opening and compiling the subjobs one by one a "new" error appeared for one particular subjob concerning an unresolved import (apache stuff). After fixing that... the standalone Build finally worked for me.
Six Stars

With 6.0.1, I created a new project, and then a new job with just a single tjava with system.out.println("hello world");  The job runs fine but I get now output from standalone job build.  No errors (that I can see).
Also, I was having a similar issue with 5.6.2.  When I would build the standalonge job, I would get the .jar, but I would not get the .sh or .bat.  I upgraded to 6.0.1 hoping that would fix the issue.
Both installs were on windows 7.
I also tried a fresh install on Linux of 6.0.1 and that install works.  I get both .jar, .bat and .sh files.  I have not tried importing any of the demo jobs or 5.6.2 jobs on the Linux install.  I did do imports before I tested on the Windows 7 tests.
One Star

Hello, 
I found a solution for this issue.
I ran every job and subjob in talend gui. 
And then I did a build standalone job, and it work well, the zip file is generated.
Hope it can help.
José
Six Stars

running the job (and it's the only job in the project) doesn't work for me...
One Star

Hi,
could be a project configuration problem?
In TOS_DI-20150924_1412-V6.1.0RC1, I create a job (with only Tjava) in my imported project and the zip file is not generated.
Then I create the same job in a new project and zip file is generated.
Any suggestion?
One Star

Hi,
I'm able to generate the zip file in TOS_DI-20150924_1412-V6.1.0RC1 in some way... 
1) I've created a new empty project
2) I've imported my old project with import items and built the jobs
Hope it can help,
Nunzio
One Star

Experiencing same problem w TOS 6.0.1 on win7 64-bit.
Using jdk1.8.0_60.
No zip file created even for a simple newly created & run job in a new project.
To answer Sabrina's above questions:
Have you already checked that the JDK setup "correctly" in the preferences and  the JDK folders have the correct structure?
Yes.
Can you please check the error details from the System Problems view(Window/Show view/General/Problems) to see if there is any exception and error message?
No errors.
No.
Could you please also go to Navigator view/.java/pom.xml to see if anything wrong in the pom.xml?
Looks ok - not sure what to look for.

Would be glad to supply anything else you may need for problem determination.
One Star

Experiencing same problem w TOS 6.0.1 on win7 64-bit.
Using jdk1.8.0_60.
No zip file created even for a simple newly created & run job in a new project.
To answer Sabrina's above questions:
Yes.
No errors.
No.
Looks ok - not sure what to look for.

Would be glad to supply anything else you may need for problem determination.
One Star

I have same problem w TOS 6.0.1 / TOS 6.1.0RC1 on win10 / win8.1 64-bit. I use jdk1.8.0_60.
No zip file creates  (simple  or complex jobs)  but run in the TOS session is ok. The JDK is correct seting,  there are no problems   or log error.
TOS 5.6.2 is OK on RUN and BUILD JOB (create zips)
One Star

After some more testing I was able to find a solution for my case.
When I first adjusted Windows->Preferences->Java->Installed JREs,
I added an entry for jdk 1.8 & clicked its box to set it as the default.
That apparently was not enough.
After ALSO fully deleting the jre 1.7 entry from this list, Build Job began writing the .zip file as expected.
I did notice that 6.0.1 Build Job runs about 10X slower than 5.6.2 (almost all CPU-bound).
Big regression for builds of batches of standalone jobs. Smiley Sad
Perhaps 6.0.1 build performance can be investigated to get it back to something close to its former self.
Six Stars

Found the bug/problem - at least for me... TSL274's solution above did not work for me.  The problem was that my workspace was at a Windows UNC path - not on the local drive. 
Test #1 - create new workspace, project and job on C: drive.  Build creates zip and launcher files...
Test #2 - create new workspace, project and job on UNC path.  No zip or Launchers created.
Note: in both tests I directed build to C:
Also note: Tests were on 6.0.1.  I did the same tests on 5.6.2.  On that release you get zip file but no launchers if workspace is a UNC path.  Mapping the UNC to a drive letter does not help.  It still fails....