best practices for Talend ESB?

Eight Stars

best practices for Talend ESB?

So I have a simple REST webservice which I have created and tested locally. Since this is in use by internal applications only, I do not have any security in place.
I want to know what are the best practices which one can follow before deploying it to production using Talend ESB container and making a webservice open to outside world.
One of the main causes for concern is that an incorrectly configured REST client will make numerous calls to this webservice (it was scheduled to run per minute instead of per hour)....
a. How does one factor in this part and track the query counts and return an error to a client saying that the rate limit has exceeded
b. Is it possible to restrict calls to a specific IP ranges or
is it possible to allow calls from a certain IP range only?
Thanks

Re: best practices for Talend ESB?

Hi,
Could you please take a look at ESB component TalendHelpCenter:tESBConsumer which can call the defined method from the invoked Web service and use Authentication in it?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Eight Stars

Re: best practices for Talend ESB?

Hi,
Could you please take a look at ESB component TalendHelpCenter:tESBConsumer which can call the defined method from the invoked Web service and use Authentication in it?
Best regards
Sabrina

I have a rest based service setup using tRestRequest. I am not sure if this will work for me.
Thanks!