additional column in schema of tMSSqlOutputBulkExec

Highlighted
Six Stars

additional column in schema of tMSSqlOutputBulkExec

Hello,

I am fetching some millions of rows from MySql and loading it into SQL server using bulk insert (tMSSqlOutputBulkExec) component. 

The issue is in edit schema I can add only those columns which are in the source(input) I cannot add any additional column in target side schema if I do that I get below error

tMSSqlOutputBulkExec_7_tMBE Bulk load data conversion error (type mismatch or invalid character for the specified codepage) for row 1, column 1 (<name of new column>)

I even tried to insert that new column first in SQL server directly and then keeping the same schema in component still it fails with above error.

Can anyone please help.

Talend Data Fabric 6.3.1

Java 8 

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: additional column in schema of tMSSqlOutputBulkExec

Hi,

If you add a tmap, you will be able to customize the list of columns required in output flow. 

If you are having 5 input columns and you would like to have 6 columns in the output, then you should use the tmap to map between source and target columns.

The best way to learn tmap is to practice the scenarios mentioned in the tmap.

https://help.talend.com/reader/wDRBNUuxk629sNcI0dNYaA/mxzKD~8eLuNFSXH6LMi7qg

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

All Replies
Six Stars

Out of curiosity, have you tried to add the new column with a tMap in the middle or straight on the Output component?

Employee

Hi,

Could you please share a screen shot of the job you are creating so that we will get more idea about it?

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Six Stars

No tMap direct row(main) connection between tAmazonMySqlInput and tMSSqlOutputBulkExec. Can we solve this problem using tMap, if yes then how?

Employee

Hi,

If you add a tmap, you will be able to customize the list of columns required in output flow. 

If you are having 5 input columns and you would like to have 6 columns in the output, then you should use the tmap to map between source and target columns.

The best way to learn tmap is to practice the scenarios mentioned in the tmap.

https://help.talend.com/reader/wDRBNUuxk629sNcI0dNYaA/mxzKD~8eLuNFSXH6LMi7qg

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Six Stars

Thank you @nikhilthampi adding tmap solved the issue.

Employee

Happy to help you.

Enjoy Talend :-)

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi