One Star

about elt component question

i want to use elt component accomlish of differ source database that accomlish main link, but i do not known how to accomlish differ database sources than now i only accomplish the same database that use elt main....
8 REPLIES
Employee

Re: about elt component question

Hi Sunner,
For the use of ELT components, you can only use tables from the same database and/or schema. The ELT components basically generate a SQL Query, I don't know how you could execute a SQL Query that takes tables from different servers... You will need to use the ETL components to do so.
Five Stars

Hi Sunner888,
As the previous reply mentioned if you want to use the ELT components you are limited to working with the same database. That said, if you go to the Databases
tab on the palette list (and the database you are working with has a folder there), you should be able to work with tables from different databases.
I have a process that reads tables from two different MySQL databases using the tMysqlInput component for each table being read. The server connection information
gets entered at the component level so this gives you the means to pull the tables from the servers you want to access.
I hope this helps and please let me know if you need clarification on the above.
Regards,
Tom
One Star

Hi tgrady,
thanks for your help.
yours means is the elt component can not use different database source ,for example (mysql,oracle,db2 etc).
but,the oracle odi can accomplish the different database sources, if so ,the elt component is useless?
One Star

Hi vgalopin,
thanks for your help.
my elt can not use sql statement that define the schema..
but why the talend design the elt ,like oracle odi can use different database.
i am a bird. so about it i can not known very deep,can you gei me some example?
Community Manager

Hi vgalopin,
thanks for your help.

Hi
The ELT component is used to generate the SQL query and the query will be executed on the DB server, it will be more faster for a large of data. The source table and target table should in the same database.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

sunner888 you misunderstand what tgragdy was saying. You use a different database component for each type of database you want to get data from, then merge it together in tMap etc, then output it to your target database.
One Star

Hi vgalopin,
thanks for your help.

Hi
The ELT component is used to generate the SQL query and the query will be executed on the DB server, it will be more faster for a large of data. The source table and target table should in the same database.
Best regards
Shong
hi shong,
if it is, now ,i known . thanks you
One Star

sunner888 you misunderstand what tgragdy was saying. You use a different database component for each type of database you want to get data from, then merge it together in tMap etc, then output it to your target database.

\
hi ,
now,shong said,i understand. tgragdy`s means is use etl components that i known.
thank you.