ZIP_Read: error reading zip file

One Star

ZIP_Read: error reading zip file

I am getting below error message and dont know why. This file is not a zip file, it is .xlsx file.
Exception in component tFileInputExcel_4
org.apache.poi.POIXMLException: java.util.zip.ZipException: ZIP_Read: error reading zip file
    at org.apache.poi.xssf.usermodel.XSSFSheet.onDocumentRead(XSSFSheet.java:182)
    at org.apache.poi.xssf.usermodel.XSSFWorkbook.onDocumentRead(XSSFWorkbook.java:300)
    at org.apache.poi.POIXMLDocument.load(POIXMLDocument.java:159)
    at org.apache.poi.xssf.usermodel.XSSFWorkbook.<init>(XSSFWorkbook.java:200)
    at org.apache.poi.xssf.usermodel.XSSFWorkbook.<init>(XSSFWorkbook.java:263)
Thank you.

Re: ZIP_Read: error reading zip file

Hi,
Could you please indicate what's the build version you are using? Would you mind sending your input file to us for testing?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Talend Studio 5.6.1
Its an excel file, its not letting paste that file here.
Please help.
One Star

Talend Studio 5.6.1
Its an excel file, its not letting paste that file here.
Please help.
Six Stars JR
Six Stars

Actually, all xlsx files are zip files (try opening one with e.g. 7zip). The error message from Apache POI indicates that it cannot open the file. Apache POI is a Java library for handling MS documents which is used in all Talend Excel components. Can you open the file in question with MS Excel?
Six Stars JR
Six Stars

One more thing: is it really an xlsx file or an xls file? If it is an xlsx, you will have to check "Read excel2007 file format(xlsx)" in the tFileInputExcel component. If not, uncheck it.

Hello spatel,
You can send your excel file to us by email directly. Is there any update for your issue?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

File is xlsx.
I can open this file in excel without any issues.
"Read excel2007" is checked.
what email address should I used to send file?
Thanks
One Star

Also which component are you using to read the file?

Hi,
We have sent an email to you('sangita.patel@optum.com'). Could you please check it?
Best regards
Sabrina
--

Hi,
We can create file excel metadata for your input excel file. It works well on my side. Could you please take a look at my screenshots?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi Sankalp,
I am using "tFileInputExcel" to read the file.
THanks

Hi spatel,
Can you successfully read the excel file by a simple job: tfileinputexcel-->tlogrow?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Yes, without any issues.
Thanks

Hi,
Exception in component tFileInputExcel_4
org.apache.poi.POIXMLException: java.util.zip.ZipException: ZIP_Read: error reading zip file

What does your whole job design look like? Does this issue only repro on a specific job?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

I have highlighted the component that errors out.

Hi,
What's talend product solution you are using? open source or subscription solution? Your have a big job, which is a little hard for us to address your issue from screenshot.
Best regards
Sabrina
--