Four Stars

XMLTYPE Data_type Column Transfer from Oracle to Oracle table

Hi all,

In my table have one column datatype XMLTYPE and data like this <row id='12' xml:space='pre'><c1>12</c1><c2>23</c2><c3>34</c3><c4>45</c4><c5>56</c5></row>. How can i transfer the data from Oracle to Oracle table.

Design:
toracleInput --> tFileOutputDelimeter.

4 REPLIES
Six Stars

Re: XMLTYPE Data_type Column Transfer from Oracle to Oracle table

Hi there,

You can do this using a tExtractXMLField, which in the DI component palette can be found under Processing/Fields.

This will allow you to extract the data from your single XML column as individual columns, which can then be inserted into your destination database table.

There is a bit of a learning curve for this type of component, but you'll find full details and examples of how to use it in the documentation here:

https://help.talend.com/reader/iYcvdknuprDzYycT3WRU8w/Pc9RZi6IiWw1Kb~Jf0bE0Q

Regards,

Chris

Four Stars

Thanks for your answer.

But i don't want to extract the XML data. I want to insert as XMLTYPE column in target table.

Kindly help me.

Six Stars

In which case, you just need to specify the "DB Type" for this column as "XMLTYPE" in the output schema of your tOracleOutput (or similar) component.

Four Stars

Hi,

I tried that "DB Type" column as "XMLTYPE" in the output schema. But i am getting below error

caused by: ORA-06553: PLS-306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'XMLTYPE'.