XML Metadata fields to extract display problem

Four Stars

XML Metadata fields to extract display problem

The fields to extract section in mapping a source schema XML are not displaying in Open Studio 7.1 on Windows 7 (and the 7.2M of 01/03). The entries are there in the grid but invisible. The display lines from the Source Schema to the fields to extract are also confused. OS 6.5.1 is fine and it makes no difference if it was a migrated project or I create a new Metadata file XML. When I put them there I can see them and it seems to save them OK, but if I have to edit them again they are invisible.

 

TalendDisplayProb.png

Moderator

Re: XML Metadata fields to extract display problem

Hello,

Could you please try to set up a new XML metadata for your input file in V 7.1 to see if the field to extract section in mapping a source schema XML are displaying?

 

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Re: XML Metadata fields to extract display problem

Hello,

I can confirm that under 7.1 the fields are visible for a new XML file.

Once this is saved a subsequent edit of the data results in the fields not being visible.

Regards

Paul

Moderator

Re: XML Metadata fields to extract display problem

Hello,

Have you tried to use other XML files? Does this issue repro on all input XML files or a specific one? If so, we will take a testing on V 7.1 to see if it repro from our side.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Re: XML Metadata fields to extract display problem

Hello,

Yes it occurs for all other XML files I have tried. Displays fine for new but a subsequent edit of the new file XML gives the display problems. It therefore occurs on the hundreds of existing metatdata XML files we already have.

Regards

Paul

Four Stars

Re: XML Metadata fields to extract display problem

Hi,

This still occurs in recent 7.2.1 release.

How can I get this reported, as its stopping us moving up from 6.5.1, as a lot of our changes are updates to metadata but is difficult if we cannot see the existing data.

Regards

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 2

Part 2 of a series on Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Migrate Data from one Database to another with one Job using the Dynamic Schema

Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema

Blog