Seven Stars

XML File Definition using talend metadata ? What is the use of loop limit attribute?

Suppose I have a sample of actual XML file and I import the attributes and looping element with the help of Metadata option available in Talend.

When import the sample XML file , it shows the loop limit as 50 like below:

LoopLimit.JPG

But the actual file can contain any number of loops .  In this case , what value should i specify the loop limit ?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Twelve Stars

Re: XML File Definition using talend metadata ? What is the use of loop limit attribute?

It's hard to find this documented, but I believe the value should be -1. Give it a try and see what happens

Rilhia Solutions
3 REPLIES
Twelve Stars

Re: XML File Definition using talend metadata ? What is the use of loop limit attribute?

It's hard to find this documented, but I believe the value should be -1. Give it a try and see what happens

Rilhia Solutions
Twelve Stars

Did this resolve your question? If so can you set it to resolved so that others can benefit from this?

Rilhia Solutions
Seven Stars

Somewhere I read setting the loop limit 0 means there is no restriction on limit , -1 means infinite loop.