Wrong character encoding in mysql result using characterSetResults prp

One Star

Wrong character encoding in mysql result using characterSetResults prp

Hi,
I've problem with tMysqlConnection. Data in the databse are stored in latin1 so I need to set up jdbc connector to use this character set. Unfortunately setting up tMysqlConnection Additional JDBC Parameters to "characterSetResults=CP1252" (latin1, iso8859_1) does not affect output.
When I connect on the server and use following connection command everything goes right:
mysql -p pc --default-character-set=latin1
mysql> select last_name from candidate where candidate_id=3;
+-------------+
| last_name |
+-------------+
| Ková?ová |

Same when I'm connecting with MySQL workbench:
SET character_set_results = latin1;
SELECT last_name FROM `pc`.`candidate` where candidate_id=3;

Is there a way to run "SET character_set_results = latin1"; command before any future select? Or is there way to make connection right?
Community Manager

Re: Wrong character encoding in mysql result using characterSetResults prp

Hi
1. Append this parameter useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=xxx into tMysqlConnection Additional JDBC Parameters.
or
2. Use a tMysqlRow to execute statement ""SET character_set_results = xxx" before any future select, eg:
tMysqlConnnection
|
onsubjobok
|
tMysqlRow
|
onsubjobok
|
tMysqlInput--main-->tLogRow
|
onsubjobok
|
tMysqlCommit
on tMysqlRow, check the box' use an existing connection'
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Re: Wrong character encoding in mysql result using characterSetResults prp

Hi,
I am using talend v 5.3, I have followed all the steps mentioned below.
i.e. added "useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8" in the additional parameter of the mysql connection.
also tried "SET character_set_results = 'utf8', character_set_client = 'utf8', character_set_connection = 'utf8', character_set_database = 'utf8', character_set_server = 'utf8'" in the mysql row component but I am still facing this problem.
I was trying to use the traces debug and found that the strings are not getting converted to UTF-8 format.
Is this a problem in the v5.3 or have I missed anything in the above statements. Please check the attached images.
Regards,
Saabir