Wrong URL encoding in relative path of tRestClient

Six Stars

Wrong URL encoding in relative path of tRestClient

Hello Everyone,

I observed a strange behaviour in the URL encoding of the tRestClient. A "?", as the indicator for a query string, is encoded as "%3F", when this part of the URL is within the relative path field. As a result, the "?" is not inerpreted as the beginning of the query string.

The work around was to put the entire URL text in the URL-field then the encoding was correct. But I was wondering if this the desired behaviour of the component or a bug? 

Regards,

Tobi

EDIT: 2017-12-21

With the configuration (see attached screenshot) I receive the following error message:

Exception in component tRESTClient_3 (D365_connectivity_test)
javax.ws.rs.NotFoundException: HTTP 404 Not Found

When monitoring the network traffic with Fiddler you can see, that the "?" is encoded to "%3F" (second screenshot). I could only observe this behaviour when having the relative path in the appropriate field.

My Talend build is: 6.4.1.20170623_1246

Re: Wrong URL encoding in relative path of tRestClient

Hi,

@Tobi wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I observed a strange behaviour in the URL encoding of the tRestClient. A "?", as the indicator for a query string, is encoded as "%3F", when this part of the URL is within the relative path field. As a result, the "?" is not inerpreted as the beginning of the query string.

The work around was to put the entire URL text in the URL-field then the encoding was correct. But I was wondering if this the desired behaviour of the component or a bug? 

Regards,

Tobi

Could you please indicate on which talend build version you got this issue? Would you mind uploading some trouble screenshots into forum so that we can make a testing on it to see if it repro on our side.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Re: Wrong URL encoding in relative path of tRestClient

I've updated my initial post.

Cloud Free Trial

Try Talend Cloud free for 30 days.

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.