Seven Stars

Wrapper Logs

I have to capture some console logs and I setup the "wrapper" feature in Karaf. The logs are captured in the standard default location <RuntimeContainer>\data\log\wrapper.log

I started the service on Friday. The wrapper was capturing the logs. Over the weekend, there were lots of other calls made, but none of them show up in the wrapper. Infact the last modified timestamp is from Friday only. The standard Karaf logs in <RunTimeContainer>/log/tesb.log is capturing all requests without issues.

I don't know what is going wrong here and why the wrapper logs are not being captured. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

6 REPLIES

Re: Wrapper Logs

Hello,

Do you mean that your Wrapper log file is not rolling over? What's your setting at the wrapper.conf

wrapper.logfile.maxsize=?

Could you please indicate on which talend ESB product build version you got this issue?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seven Stars

Not exactly. The wrapper.log last updated shows 2 days ago. But I am seeing more and more messages coming and getting logged in tesb.log (about messages received/ sent). Hence curious what would cause the wrapper.log to stop displaying new logs

Hello,

Could you please indicate on which talend ESB product build version you got this issue?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seven Stars

Hi,

We don't find any related jira issue on talend bug tracker. Have you tried to increase your wrapper.logfile.maxsize

in wrapper.conf file to see if wrapper can continue to capture log?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Seven Stars

Yes, I have done that. I increased it to upwards of 500MB, still, the file does not increase.