Workspace Delete

Four Stars RSH
Four Stars

Workspace Delete

Dear all,
Good Morning !!!
I am working on data integration v5.02, I do have my own workspace which is created by myself. My talend project is done in last year. Currently I seen few jobs are missing in my workflow(this job is present if I login from other server), and my senior told me to delete old workspace so that repository will get refresh and job will get displayed.
Question:
1) As suggested by my senior to delete workspace and create new. IS THIS SOLUTION TO GET MY JOB BACK IN MY STUDIO ?
2) I AM UNABLE TO DELETE MY WORKSPACE DUE TO SOME FILES ARE NOT GETTING DELETED(example .java files ), SO PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO DELETE THIS WORKSPACE ?
Thanks in advance Smiley Happy
Regards
RSH

Re: Workspace Delete

Hi,
Don't know why some jobs are missing from the workspace, however,you are not necessary to delete the workspace, try one of the following steps to resume the jobs.
1. Login the workspace from another server, export all the items.
2. Open Talend Studio, and change the workspace to a new one, and then import all items from the archive file done by step1.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seventeen Stars

Re: Workspace Delete

@RSH: It is not necessary to cry here in the forum!
Sorry Sabrina to correct you. Your suggested way could lead into wrong SVN states for the files!
Indeed deleting the workspace with all files is the best solution. Before you start delete all files and directories you have to close the studio and all jobs running on your workstation.
It is currently not the case but if you could nowhere find your jobs:
If the recreation of your workspace does not bring your missing resources back:
here is good news is, a job can never get list because of the history of SVN.
Create a new directory (anywhere) and use SVN tools like Tortoise (windows) or RabbitSVN (linux) or Cornerstone (Mac) and checkout the repository (one repository per project).
After that use these tools to update your new working copy to the time or revision where you are sure your job exists at this time and retrieve all files.
Your job consists of 3 files and you will find them under the process directory (subdirs are reflecting your folder structure in the studio repository view).
Once you have extracted the missing resources copy them to another place and update your working copy to the last revision. Copy the restored files in your updated working copy and add+commit them.
Thats it. Not funny but you could never get lost!