Six Stars

Will Talend components from Enterprise version function in open version?

Hi,

Our team developed few jobs that involved enterprise edition component like CDC. Now the same job need to be debugged by another team in different location who uses Talend Open Studio. Once we import this job in Talend Open Studio, we see the CDC components marked as "missing" and doesn't allow any edit.

As per my understanding, the code should function outside the Talend Open Studio as it was deployed using build job functionality and scheduled through third party scheduler.

Can someone please help me here?

Regards 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thirteen Stars

Re: Will Talend components from Enterprise version function in open version?

I believe that if you are not using Enterprise only functionality, that if you export your work you should be able to import it into the Open Source Edition so long as it is the same version of newer. Having said that, if your Open Source Edition is a newer version, you will be able to open the jobs but not send them back to the Enterprise Edition.

It would be easier to get these guys working on the Enterprise Edition using your licenses if I am honest. This will enable you to work a lot safer and make sure you don't have compatibility issues. There are several ways you can do this. You can create a cloud machine with your Studio on there and allow them to use that. You can also allow them access to your network to do this (if you think that is safe). I do a lot of work for clients by remote desktopping onto their environments and working that way. 

As I said, check out your licensing with Talend. If you have the concurrent user licensing, you can set up as many users as you like, but can only use your total number of concurrent users at a single moment in time.

Rilhia Solutions
3 REPLIES
Thirteen Stars

Some of the components supplied with the Enterprise Edition are not available to the Open Source Edition. They are part of the value you pay for. As such, you cannot use them in the Open Source Edition. You can use all of the Open Source Edition components in the Enterprise edition though. 

If these people are working for your project (depending on your user licensing and their ability to connect to your network) you can let them use the Enterprise Edition Studio while they are working for you. As I said, this depends on your licensing with Talend though.

Rilhia Solutions
Six Stars

Thanks for the response.

I believe you are talking wrt ETL code designing when the components from Enterprise edition will not be supported in Open Studio.

How about the build job archive file? Will this not function as expected in Open Studio environment, after all the code will be Java binaries?

Regards. 

Thirteen Stars

I believe that if you are not using Enterprise only functionality, that if you export your work you should be able to import it into the Open Source Edition so long as it is the same version of newer. Having said that, if your Open Source Edition is a newer version, you will be able to open the jobs but not send them back to the Enterprise Edition.

It would be easier to get these guys working on the Enterprise Edition using your licenses if I am honest. This will enable you to work a lot safer and make sure you don't have compatibility issues. There are several ways you can do this. You can create a cloud machine with your Studio on there and allow them to use that. You can also allow them access to your network to do this (if you think that is safe). I do a lot of work for clients by remote desktopping onto their environments and working that way. 

As I said, check out your licensing with Talend. If you have the concurrent user licensing, you can set up as many users as you like, but can only use your total number of concurrent users at a single moment in time.

Rilhia Solutions