Where to find detail of logs displayed in TAC execution logs

Where to find detail of logs displayed in TAC execution logs

Note - the info I am looking for is not in the "Execution Logs" folder listed in configuration.properies/scheduler.conf.jobExecutionLogs.rootPath
In TAC,you can go back the logs for any particular job and see the data that was printed to stdout/console for any run of the job. That is visible when you
highlight a job in Job Conductor
select the "logs" tab
select a particular run from the list in the "logs" tab
click on the "download it" button labelled "Job execution log:" in the information tab
I want to get all the files/database records that underlie what I get there - there are several hundred jobs I want to gather the info from. Where is that data stored?
Employee

Re: Where to find detail of logs displayed in TAC execution logs

Hi,
You can download "all entire log" for a specific task execution logs from beginning, that you don't need to "download it" one by one. Otherwise, If you have several hundred jobs, you can find all log files in TAC/configuration/Job conductor tab, see the "Archive and execution logs path" setting, that where TAC have all execution log files.
Hope helpful,
Xin

Thank you Xin, the button gets me what I need.
Is the "Archive and execution logs path" in the webapp conf file, or something else, I don't see it in tac.
I did also find another route in case any future reader of this thread is helped:
in the H2 database there is a table called something like talendexecutionlogs, and that has a column something like talendjobname, so once you find your job, there is another fields with a name like "archive name" and that is a zip file, with a name like "task_8" or "task_11". Then you have to find the zip file, which is in a folder called ArchiveJobs that have pretty anonymous names but you should be able to find it based on what the task name was.
One Star

I am not able to see the logs tab at all. Only the trigeers,context parameters and JVM parameters tabs. How do i enable the logs tab??
Employee

Easier to find this "Archive and execution logs path" setting by image Smiley Happy For instance, if I defined "E:/Talend/V5.2.2/tac/archive/jobs" as the logs path, so inside of this folder, I could have all my execution logs in the sub folders such as "task_8","task_10",etc.
Indeed, the TAC database contains all user/project/execution information, you may dig all userful information from here.
Good Luck
One Star

We have been using the "Archive and execution logs path" till now. The problem with this is, our server is installed on a remote machine and if this is the only way to get the logs we will have to give access to that machine to all the ETL users. This is something I would want to avoid.

aam_aadmi,
It seems like you have a few choices if you want the ETL users to have access to the log without giving them login access to the machine.
1. Set the location where they are written as a network share and allow users access to that folder.
2. Set up a job to copy logs periodically to some place where users can read them.
3. Configure the talend app to write logs somewhere else.
One Star

LevinMagruder.pf, If No other option is available we will go with one of the 3 you have mentioned.
But I was wondering about the option mentioned in your post #1.
In TAC,you can go back the logs for any particular job and see the data that was printed to stdout/console for any run of the job. That is visible when you
highlight a job in Job Conductor
select the "logs" tab
select a particular run from the list in the "logs" tab
click on the "download it" button labelled "Job execution log:" in the information tab

I am also looking for data printed to stdout/console only. That "logs" tab you have mentioned in Job conductor I am not able to see in my console. Is that no longer available feature??

aam_addmi, I can't answer, perhaps some Talend staff can. I would be surprised if the feature has been removed.
I'm using 5.1.1
In the TAC web application, on teh Job Conductor tab, below the list of jobs, there are 4 tabs:
Triggers, Logs, Context Parameters and JVM.
Do you have any of those?
Not applicable

Hi aam_aadmi,
actually we are using Talend in version 5.3.1
There is no Log Tab where it has been in previous versions. Talend has placed it somewhere else.
There are two ways to see the log now:
1. Select a Job and click as shown on Screenshot 1
2. Or select as shown in Screenshot 2 from the menu
Hope i could help you a bit.
Best regards
Marco
One Star

HI Xliu,
can u plz tell me which version of Talend r u using?
on above screen shot..
I have Talend 5.4 but these option is not shown to me.
Regards,
Anand Yadav
Six Stars

I usually find the Execution Logs folder in the TAC server. Access it on /data/talend631/executionLogs, there you can see which tasks that are listed per folder.