Where clause causes error in tHiveInput component

Highlighted
Seven Stars

Where clause causes error in tHiveInput component

Hi,

I am getting error while using any condition/aggregation in SQL query in tHiveInput component. It is perfectly working when we use query without having any condition.

Is there any parameter or setup required from Talend specific or Hive specific . Please let me know.

Talend:   Talend Open studio for Big Data v7.0.1

Hive:       Cloudera CDH5.10

Working query:

"SELECT
 productCatalogDesc

FROM ProductCatalog limit 10 "

Not Working queries:

"SELECT
 productCatalogDesc

FROM ProductCatalog where productCatalogDesc is not null limit 10 "

"SELECT
 count(1)

FROM ProductCatalog "

Exception in component tHiveInput_3 (adh_connection_test)
java.sql.SQLException: Error while processing statement: FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.mr.MapRedTask
at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveStatement.execute(HiveStatement.java:284)
at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveStatement.executeQuery(HiveStatement.java:380)
at mec_sfdc_integration.adh_connection_test_0_1.adh_connection_test.tHiveInput_3Process(adh_connection_test.java:1902)
at mec_sfdc_integration.adh_connection_test_0_1.adh_connection_test.tHiveInput_1Process(adh_connection_test.java:1478)
at mec_sfdc_integration.adh_connection_test_0_1.adh_connection_test.tHiveConnection_2Process(adh_connection_test.java:815)
at mec_sfdc_integration.adh_connection_test_0_1.adh_connection_test.tHiveConnection_1Process(adh_connection_test.java:570)
at mec_sfdc_integration.adh_connection_test_0_1.adh_connection_test.runJobInTOS(adh_connection_test.java:2344)
at mec_sfdc_integration.adh_connection_test_0_1.adh_connection_test.main(adh_connection_test.java:2193)
[statistics] disconnected

Accepted Solutions
Seven Stars

Re: Where clause causes error in tHiveInput component

Hi All,

The issue got resolved and it was due to the permission for hadoop user. Actually the user which I am using didn't have permission for conditional/join query, so hadoop admin team resolved this issue.

@xdshi @akumar2301 Thanks for your time to respond my query.

Regards,

Vibin CT.

All Replies
Eleven Stars

Seven Stars

Hi @akumar2301 ,

Error showing from the URL and my error has slight difference, anyway I used the same config as jdbc parameter, still no luck yet.

My error:            Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.mr.MapRedTask

Error from URL: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.TezTask

Capture.JPG

Hello,

Could you please run the same query on the Hive Query Editor successfully?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seven Stars

Hi @xdshi ,

I am connecting hive remotely and don't have Hue Terminal access to run the query. Is there any way to run this query (apart from Talend and Hue terminal) in windows?

Seven Stars

Hi All,

The issue got resolved and it was due to the permission for hadoop user. Actually the user which I am using didn't have permission for conditional/join query, so hadoop admin team resolved this issue.

@xdshi @akumar2301 Thanks for your time to respond my query.

Regards,

Vibin CT.

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

How to deploy Talend Jobs as Docker images to Amazon, Azure and Google Cloud reg...

Learn how to deploy Talend Jobs as Docker images to Amazon, Azure and Google Cloud registries

Blog

How OTTO Utilizes Big Data to Deliver Personalized Experiences

Read about OTTO's experiences with Big Data and Personalized Experiences

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

Talend API Services Publish to Talend Cloud

Learn how to publish your API Services to Talend Cloud

Watch Now