Where are is the 'default' log file located?

Five Stars

Where are is the 'default' log file located?

Hi,
Does anyone know where the default (right term?) Talend log file is located? I have the generated jar files located on a server and am trying to locate the log file that holds any run-time information from the classes (from the deployed jars) being run.
If you need additional information on the above, please let me know.
Thank you in advance.
Tom G.
One Star

Re: Where are is the 'default' log file located?

I want to inserts records from csv file into a database table however the records that could not be inserted for any error should be written into a separate file. How I can do that

Hi Tom.G,
Do you want to get the talend run_time error log? If so, it is located in <Talend run-time installation path>/container/log /tesb.log.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

Hi vk_sang,
If I understand you very well, do you want to get "Rejects" row from your database? if so, what database do you used?
Usually, please check that the 'Use batch size' option is selected or not, this option can not be used with reject link together, so this option should be unchecked if you want to use reject link.
If not, could you give us more information about you requirement?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Hi Sabrina,
Thank you for your prompt response.
In my situation, there is no Talend configuration path due to the server that the process is running on only having the deployed jar files (and no other Talend based items). That said I'll check Tomcat's catalina log file to see if the runtime information is getting posted there.
Thanks again.
Regards,
Tom G.
Five Stars

Just closing the loop on this. The java stack trace information I was looking for was in fact residing in Toncat's catalina.log file - I believe this is the default.