When building a custom control for TOS Studio 7.0.1 - how do you add dependencies on other jobs?

Six Stars

When building a custom control for TOS Studio 7.0.1 - how do you add dependencies on other jobs?

Hi! I'm trying to build a custom alternative to tRunJob, and the jet etc. seems to generate the code I need, but it doesn't know about the child job. When I look at the pom.xml generated when calling a child job with tRunJob, then it adds the called job to the dependencies in the pom.xml for the job. However, the pom.xml for the job with my component does not contain the dependency.

Is this dependency generation hard coded to tRunJob, or is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing?

Ten Stars

Re: When building a custom control for TOS Studio 7.0.1 - how do you add dependencies on other jobs?

Cant help you out, but I'm really curious on why you are developing an alternative? Please share your thoughts!!!

But isnt this something related to the OnSubJobOk or OnComponentOk?
Or is the dependency: the job you want to run from within your developed component?
Six Stars

Re: When building a custom control for TOS Studio 7.0.1 - how do you add dependencies on other jobs?

Hi Djike!

I've been building a suite of interfaces, and as soon as I tried to move them into TEST I found that the child jobs don't work because their context is hard-coded to whatever is selected in the designer.

The answer given to what to do about this (which indeed works) is to select the "pass entire context" option. However I don't find that a satisfactory workaround. That means if I have context groups referenced in my child-job, I have to reference them in my parent job too, or those items will be picked up from the hard-coded context. It relies on the user of the child-job checking the whole child-job context and including it in the parent context.

This has clearly been recognised in the ESB design process, given that the cTalendJob has a "use route context" option when calling a Talend job, so tRunJob should also have a "use parent job context" option, rather than forcing you to hard-code a single context at design time.

However, when I tried building a component to do this - as I said in the original post - it generates the correct code in the job, but doesn't include the dependency on the child job so the code won't compile.