When and Why To Use tExternalSortRow?

One Star

When and Why To Use tExternalSortRow?

Hi,
We already have sorting option using tSortRow. And if I have to perform sorting on aggregated values then I would go for tAggregateSortRow. I was just wondering where this tExternalSortRow could be useful? Also, what should I mention External command "sort" path field when using this component.
I can see in the advanced settings, it asks for the Temporary directory. Does it perform faster than tSortRow?

Re: When and Why To Use tExternalSortRow?

Hi,
Usually, tExternalSortRow uses an external sort application to sort input data based on one or several columns, by sort type and order.
Here is the online document about:TalendHelpCenter:tExternalSortRow

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Can you please let me know what could be the example of external sort application ? I have already checked the document but it doesn't have any scenario mentioned. It's just pointing to tSortRow scenarios.
Five Stars

It will sort the data based on a custom sort... like u can sort data how you want other than the options available in the talend regular tsortRow