What does Talend CI Builder exactly?

Six Stars

What does Talend CI Builder exactly?

Hello,

In the documentation, we read that : 

"Talend CI Builder is a Maven Plugin that transforms the Talend Job sources to Java classes using the CommandLine application"

But we can already transform a Talend Job into Java classes by doing a right click -> build job, right?

So what's the point of using Talend CI Builder?

Thanks for the help.

Accepted Solutions
Eleven Stars

Re: What does Talend CI Builder exactly?

some company use scripts to build jobs, log job informations, and deploy in test, in prod….

it's useful if you want to be high level structured.

Francois Denis

Tag as "solved" for others! Kudos to thanks!

All Replies
Eleven Stars

some company use scripts to build jobs, log job informations, and deploy in test, in prod….

it's useful if you want to be high level structured.

Francois Denis

Tag as "solved" for others! Kudos to thanks!

Six Stars

Thank you for you answer. I already set this subject as resolved but I would like to add another question without having to create another subject :

In the doc I can read "The CommandLine offers the same basic functionalities as Talend Studio and it is used to generate and export the Jobs developed with Talend Studio"

So if it offers the same functionalities, why it can't transform Talend sources into Java source sand needs a a plugin as Talend CI Builder to do that?

Employee

The CI builder is a Maven plugin such that Talend jobs and all other artefacts can be built using the most popular build tool Maven.

Thomas Steinborn
VP Product Management
One Star

Does the CI Builder support the building of scala based big data jobs or is it for Java standard jobs only?

We use both Java based job server jobs and also scala/spark deployments on Hadoop clusters.