Four Stars

What are the best practices for MSSQL(Microsoft SQL Server )connection in Talend?

Hi Team,

I wanted to know best practices to be used for creating MSSQL connection in Talend, as I don't know best practices 

we have 3 DB in MSSQL server which is used as the source, target, and log DB and for every connection, we have created Joblet which we use in the job where it is required and then in MSSQLinput or Output component we use existing connection setting.

Just wanted to know if this is a good practice?

Attaching pic for reference

Thanks 

5 REPLIES
Four Stars

Re: What are the best practices for MSSQL(Microsoft SQL Server )connection in Talend?

Hi Please any one can reply?
Four Stars

Re: What are the best practices for MSSQL(Microsoft SQL Server )connection in Talend?

no it still didn't received reply
Four Stars

I think the way you are doing it is just fine. I personally don't have a lot of use case where there is the same DB used across many jobs like that. We use a lot of different DBs, especially when it comes to MSSQL. But usually if you are standardizing a code portion you would have to include in many jobs, joblet is the way to go.

Six Stars

Its depend upon your project structure and the procedure you are following for managing connection and logs for the operations. Using 3 DBs you can follow any of the approach:

-- One for Src, one for tgt and one for logdb
-- One for Src, One for Stage and one for tgt and logs
And many others approaches.

Just make to create joblets for different purposes (opening connection, data push to log tables after completion of job, closing connection).

These are the standard procedures to follow, and I think most of the projects are following these.

Regards,
Mohit
Six Stars

Hi,

Its depend upon your project structure and the procedure you are following for managing connection and logs for the operations. Using 3 DBs you can follow any of the approach:

-- One for Src, one for tgt and one for logdb
-- One for Src, One for Stage and one for tgt and logs
And many others approaches.

Just make to create joblets for different purposes (opening connection, data push to log tables after completion of job, closing connection).

These are the standard procedures to follow, and I think most of the projects are following these.

Regards,
Mohit