Schedule the task with the desired interval (using TAC or an external scheduler) or use tSleep to introduce the wait strategy into the job.
In this case you should anticipate a condition to break the infinite loop.
all what suggested by @TRF, also:
- look for ESB, where You can create route which monitor folders
- Use remote agents with could ship files (or file content)
last also allow tail file in "real-time" to message queue
This is what I need to implement
System should perform below validations for file reception
- File should be received by stipulated (configured time) time for particular Issuer
- For each issuer two files should be present – Main and Meta
If file not received by stipulated time, then system should retry up to configured number of times
- System should retry after configured duration
Can you please elaborate how to implement this. The directory that needs to be scanned will have multiple files coming , I need to scan this folder, read these files and do validations and processing.
Appreciate your co-operation and timely help.
- Schedule Job as usual - by any scheduler
- tLoop with number of iteration what You want to re-try
- iterate to next steps:
- tFileExists for both of files
- trigger IF exists both - run all steps and exit Loop
- trigger IF not exists both - tSleep for predicted number of seconds
- after tSleep if number of current iteration == maximum defined - notify about unsuccessful execution
Above - simple sequence for single issuer, but You can extend it for iterate thru all defined issuers