One Star

Warning in tMap (not enough "Row" type outputs)

Hi,
I have a simple job (TOS 2.3.0 / Java) : tFileInputDelimited --> tMap --> tOracleOutput.
The warning "This component has not enough "Row" type outputs" come in Designer view in the tMap Component.
What does this mean ?
With the previous version (2.2.4), I never seen this warning.
Thanks... Smiley Happy
11 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Warning in tMap (not enough "Row" type outputs)

this warning comes from the empty field "expressions" in your tmap. Normally you will not have error if you run the job
One Star

It's correct, the job compile without error.
But the tMap don't have any expression, and all reject output (output & inner join) are disable.
I don't need a warning in this case...
Employee

Normally, this warning appears only when no connections are set on output components.
If you can reproduce the problem you can create an issue in the Bugtracker.
One Star

I?ve seen the warning as well. It usually happens if I delete the output link and re-establish it to another component. I think it happens sometimes but not always. If I delete and recreate the output schema with the exact same configuration the warning vanishes until I do again something with the link.
Employee

Please, create a bug with these informations and assign it to "nrousseau" user. Only your first picture will be useful to complete the description of the problem.
Thank you for your support.
One Star

Hello,
This problem still exist on TOS2.4.1
When I remove a Tmap's output and create a new one, I get the warning "This component has not enough "Row" type outputs"
Is there an issue in the Bugtracker about this?
JC
One Star

Still the same exact case today (deleted link and output, set up a new one, get the error for both the tMap and the output component...)
One Star

Same problem even persist today

Hi all,
For this case, it is just a warning that there is no output in your work flow not a bug. When you add a new output for your job, it will disappear.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thanks Sabrina .. for creating such a nice tool that too for free.

Hi RevLeG,
You are welcome, feel free post your issue on talend forum.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.