Five Stars

Vertica Driver Component

I am trying to set up a database connection to Vertica in order to extract data from a table.  I am getting an error stating I need to load the following component: vertica_3.0_jdk_5.jar.

Why does Talend require this particular driver?

I haven't had much luck finding the driver.  Is there a place to get it if it is the driver required for Talend?

I assume I put it into the folder which I put external drivers.  This worked for MySQL and Redshift.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Five Stars

Re: Vertica Driver Component

Thanks for the reply.

I am aware of how to import the jar file.  I am having trouble finding a jar file which Talend can use.  It appears Talend wants a specific jar file and I can't find a copy.  Is there a way for Talend to use a different jar file which is readily available?

Thanks

5 REPLIES
Five Stars

Here is some additional information.

For Redshift, Talend was requiring a particular jar file.  It renamed a different version and that worked.  Not the case with Vertica.  I renamed vertica-jdk5-6.1.0-0.jar to vertica_3.0_jdk_5.jar and it did not work.  Several errors were generated indicating several java classes were not found.  Makes sense.

I am still looking for the correct driver.  
I have searched github, maven, oracle, talend and other places with no luck.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Employee

Normally when Talend requires a jar, the Import Module window pops up.  In that window, you click the little Java Jar icon to browse your computer and give talend the jar.  Talend will load it properly in its local repository.

Five Stars

Thanks for the reply.

I am aware of how to import the jar file.  I am having trouble finding a jar file which Talend can use.  It appears Talend wants a specific jar file and I can't find a copy.  Is there a way for Talend to use a different jar file which is readily available?

Thanks

Five Stars

I figured it out.  I failed to select the correct version of Vertica initially.  When I selected the correct version of Vertica, it required to import a jar file which is readily available.

I guess my feedback is that I couldn't find clear documentation to tutorials to make this as easy as it turned out to be.

Thanks for the forum!

Hello,

Here is online document about TalendHelpCenter:Installing external modules.

Hope it helps.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.