Vertica Connection Problem

One Star

Vertica Connection Problem

Hello,
I am trying to connect to a Vertica db and below is the error I am getting when I click to the "Show the table list for current connection" :
Database connection is failed.
java.lang.RuntimeException: com.vertica.util.PSQLException: Something unusual has occured to cause the driver to fail. Please report this exception.
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:179)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1034)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:300)
at org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.properties.controllers.DbTableController.checkConnection(DbTableController.java:739)
at org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.properties.controllers.DbTableController$5.run(DbTableController.java:532)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
Caused by: com.vertica.util.PSQLException: Something unusual has occured to cause the driver to fail. Please report this exception.
at com.vertica.Driver.connect(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.DriverShim.connect(DriverShim.java:41)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:170)
... 5 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.vertica.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveRFQ(Unknown Source)
at com.vertica.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(Unknown Source)
at com.vertica.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(Unknown Source)
at com.vertica.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.runSetupQuery(Unknown Source)
at com.vertica.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.runInitialQueries(Unknown Source)
at com.vertica.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.openConnectionImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.vertica.core.ConnectionFactory.openConnection(Unknown Source)
at com.vertica.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Connection.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.vertica.jdbc3.AbstractJdbc3Connection.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.vertica.jdbc3g.Jdbc3gConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.vertica.Driver.makeConnection(Unknown Source)
... 8 more

Re: Vertica Connection Problem

Hi,
What the talend studio build version are you using? Is your Vertica DB connection successful? Have you checked the document TalendHelpCenterSmiley Frustratedetting up a database connection.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hello,
I am using TOS 5.4.1 and I can connect to Vertica via a SQL Client DBeaver but did not via Talend.
I tried both Vertica 5+ and old Vertica connection setup on Talend with no avail.
I am trying to connect Vertica Crane (7.0) Vmware Setup.

Hi,
I have made a testing on TOS 5.4.1 and Vertica 5.1, everything is OK with me.
Did you install missing Verticaxxx.jar in studio?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.