Verifying CSV Headers / Access MetaData in Java Routine

One Star

Verifying CSV Headers / Access MetaData in Java Routine

Hi all,
I have some metadata specified and want to verify that the file being read into Talend matches the format that I have specified within the metadata. I couldn't see any option such as "verify column headers" in the components I've looked at so far so have either missed something obvious or come to the correct conclusion that writing a custom java routine would probably be the easiest and most adaptable approach.
Firstly, have I missed a "verify column headers" type option? Or is there an easy approach that I just havent thought of to implement this kind of check using built-in Talend components?
If not, then is there any way that I would be able to access the metadata via a Java routine? I've tried searching Google for this kind of thing, but not managed to find anything remotely related.

Thanks for any info you can provide. Smiley Happy
Ian
Four Stars

Re: Verifying CSV Headers / Access MetaData in Java Routine

Hi Ian,
Not long ago I responded to a post with something somewhat similar to what you're asking - being able to get/add the column headers to a data flow. See if this post helps you any... http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=33889