Four Stars

Various questions about the tJMSInput component and ActiveMQ

Hello,

After reading the component guide, I still have many questions about some parameters from the tJMSInput.

=> Could you please give me an example of String to put in "Message Selector Expression" ?

=> What is a "Connection Factory JDNI Name" ? Can I put the String I want or is it always "ConnectionFactory" for an unknown reason ?

=> "Use Specified User Identity" doesn't change anything if I put "dqsfqf" or "totsofsqdf". Is it only a way to track users with the web API ?

=> What can I put in Advanced Setting > Properties ? A login and a password ? Should they correspond to the login et password in the "jetty-real.properties" file of ActiveMQ ?

=> Finally, I created a topic but I can't read anything from what I inserted with a tJMSOutput. Could you tell me what is wrong ? (the queue works and I can see with the web api the data in my topics)

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Thanks !

2 REPLIES
Ten Stars

Re: Various questions about the tJMSInput component and ActiveMQ

1) create topic - and can not read from topic

If You want read from JMS (or many other) with delay - You need use Queue rather than Topic

Topic - "warrant" delivery for any number of subscribers who was connected right in a moment of sending message

Queue - warrant delivery for single subscriber but with any delay after message was sent (read more about messages)

so, if You want use topic - You need create separate Job with subscriber, and run this Job before producer Job

2) Message Selector expression - leave as is if You do not want filter received messages
http://timjansen.github.io/jarfiller/guide/jms/selectors.xhtml

3) ActiveMQ user credentials - http://activemq.apache.org/security.html

-----------
Four Stars

Re: Various questions about the tJMSInput component and ActiveMQ

Thank you for your answer, my job worked after your recommendations.

Thank you also for your link about "Message Selector expression". I know when and how to use them now.

Well for a login and password connection system, it seems to be more complicated than I thought...

Finally, you haven't answered to one of my question which was :
=> What is a "Connection Factory JDNI Name" ? Can I put the String I want or is it always "ConnectionFactory" for an unknown reason ?

I saw also "queueConnectionFactory" in a documentation what is the meaning of that ?

Thanks,