Four Stars

Variables, Values as tree and Values as table are not displayed

I am a learner so I may be asking silly questions. I tried to create a context group  in Repository -->Context but I cant see
Variables, Values as tree and Values as table.the window looks different. Has someone faced the same issue? 
14 REPLIES

Re: Variables, Values as tree and Values as table are not displayed

Hi,
Could you please upload a screenshot of  your problem? On which official version did you get that ? Have you already checked document TalendHelpCenter:How to centralize contexts and variables?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi Xdsi,
I have referred to these section. What I am saying is that I while creating a variable group I can see only Variable tab but I don't see Values as tree or Values as table tab. I am using talend 5.6.Is it a feature of talend 5.6 or is there any way to get this view?
-Satya 

so, satyatalend have u given values to the variables in value as tree?? 
Four Stars

I entered value in variable tab but I am not able to see the other two tabs when I am going to create a need context group. 
Seventeen Stars

hi,
the presentation of context in Talend are changed for new Talend version, but still do same things Smiley Happy
regards
laurent
One Star

hi,
the presentation of context in Talend are changed for new Talend version, but still do same things Smiley Happy
regards
laurent

Hi kzone,
you say it still does the same thing, but how does it accomplish this if it doesn't give you an option to enter data "as a table"?  Is there a setting that provides this option somewhere, or is there a new area in which you can add this?

Was this issue ever solved? i'm having the same problem - the 'edit/create a context group' wizard is just completely missing the tabs labelled 'value as tree' and 'value as table' - there are no alternate tabs to switch between and the field entitled script code just isn't there (see screenshot). I don't doubt this is because i've gone wrong somewhere but i can't see where it might be. Help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Sophie
One Star

I also am curious why these two other tabs are not visible and how I might accomplish the same tasks without them, as someone above suggested was possible. 
I'm using Talend OS for Big Data v6.1.1.
One Star

To create values you have to right click Contexts in the repository to add context groups. From there you can define variables and values.
One Star

Hello i have the same problem with talend open studio for data integration v6.2, 
Five Stars

Hello, has this been resolved? Im using TOS for DI 6.1.1, on another laptop Im using 6.2 and in both cases Im facing this issue. If you just follow this talend tutorial Working with global context variables, you will get to that issue in step 2. "Tabs Values as tree" and "Values as Table" are missing. Additionally in Variables tab, the "Script code" column is missing, which also has been discussed in another topic 

Hi lukas001,
We have changed Context format since V 6.0.
The "Script code" is generated automatically, which tell you how to use the context value in your job(context.name).
It doesn't display on Context tab in recent released version, however, you can still use it in your job(context.name).
Do you get any problem when use this scenario(passing a value from a parent job to a child job)?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I entered value in variable tab but I am not able to see the other two tabs when I am going to create a need context group. 

Hi dayaapraj,
Did you follow up document about:TalendHelpCenter:How to create a context group and define context variables in it?
Best regards
Sabrina
--